Md Mustakimur Rahman is working as a Lecturer in Department of Law of Notre Dame University Bangladesh since May, 2016.
Before coming to Notre Dame University, Mr. Rahman worked as a Legal Research Assistant at Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs (BILIA). He worked under the directly supervision of Dr. Shahdeen Malik, who is an expert on the Constitution of Bangladesh and a prominent advocate, Bangladesh Supreme Court. Mr. Rahman is also an activist and an independent legal columnist. He writes law-related articles in several daily newspapers of Bangladesh. He has several national and international publications. He also published his LL.M thesis as a book in Germany.
An Analysis of the International Crimes Tribunal Bangladesh, published by Lambert Academic Publishing, Germany
B. Journals and Magazine
1. Marital Rape’ in Marriage: The Need for Reform in Bangladesh, published by Bangladesh Journal of Law (BJL) for Vol. 15, Issues No. 1 & 2 (2015)
2. Existing Paradox in the Nationality Status of Biharis in Bangladesh: An Appraisal, published by International Journal of Law and Policy Review(IJLPR), India Vol. 6, Issue No. 1(2017)
3. Transnational Crime in South and South-East Asia: A Route of Labour Trafficking from Bangladesh to Malaysia, Paper accepted for publication in the journal of the Judicial Administration Training Institute (JATI), Bangladesh.
C. Unpublished papers:
1. The Need for the World Court of Human Rights, under review for publication.
2. Fundamental Rights in Times of Emergency: Ataur Rahman vs Muhibur Rahman Revisited, under review for publication.
D. Paper presented:
1. “Transnational crime in South and South-East Asia: A route of Labour trafficking from Bangladesh to Malaysia”, Charles Darwin University, Australia, 16th March 2016
2. “A Comparative Budgetary Study of Ministry of Law, justice and Parliamentary Affairs and the Ministry of Fisheries and Animal Resources”, Bangladesh Institute of Law and International Affairs (BILIA), 14th May 2016
His research interests lie in the areas of human rights, constitutional law, domestic and international criminal law and cross border crime etc.
Md. Mustakimur Rahman was born in old Dhaka and had his early education from Saint Gregory’s High School, Dhaka. Before doing his LL.B he completed a two years Diploma in Law from New College Nottingham, UK and has been awarded the best international student of the year. He obtained his LL.B from Nottingham Trent University, UK in 2012 and LL.M in Public International Law in 2013 from the same University. While he studied in UK he worked in several law firms and also worked as a volunteer at Nottingham Refugee Forum, Nottingham. In July, 2012 he went to Geneva, Switzerland for international summer school experience. He attended several seminars, lectures on international humanitarian law and also visited the headquarters of the United Nations, ILO, ICRC and UNHCR etc.
LL.M in Public International LAW from Nottingham Trent University, UK
LL.B (Hons) from Nottingham Trent University, UK